|© The Artisan Food Trail / Lisa Childs|
Did you have breakfast today? As it is the most important meal of the day we have found five reasons why you should be eating it.
- Research suggests that breakfast eaters have lower stress levels than people who skip breakfast
- Skipping breakfast is not the way to lose weight! It has been shown that people that start the day with a healthy breakfast are more likely to be within their ideal weight range than those who skip breakfast
- Have breakfast within two hours of waking as this replenishes energy stores after an overnight fast
- Several studies have shown eating breakfast can have a positive impact on concentration levels
- Research has found that people eating breakfast cereals performed better in attention and memory tests than those eating less traditional breakfast foods or nothing at all
We know that sometimes time might be short or you're running late, so might not be able to sit down to a leisurely breakfast, but we may have the solution for those who need something to munch on the run.
Jackson Bar from Baileys Real Food – it's packed with oaty goodness for slow release energy and has a low sugar content too – tasty and healthy and comes in six flavours.